Acid Enhancement of Zinc and Lead Atomic Absorption Signals
Abstract:We have been measuring atmospheric particulate Pb and Zn concentrations by atomic absorption. Samples are collected on membrane filters and dissolved in HNO3-HClO4 prior to comparison with aqueous standards, using an Instrumentation Laboratories model 153 dual beam dual channel atomic absorption spectrophotometer equipped with background correction, operating with a stoichiometric air-acetylene flame. The absorption lines are 217.0 nm for Pb and 213.9 nm for Zn.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Scientific Research Staff, Ford Motor Company, P. O. Box 2053, Dearborn, Michigan 48121
Publication date: November 1, 1974
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites