Ligand-Field Transitions in Tetrahedral Tetrabromo-Iron(III) Complex Ions in Molten tetra-n-Butylphosphonium Bromide
Abstract:The spectrum of iron (III) chloride has been measured in molten metal chlorides and nitrate eutectics. Gruen has suggested a strong absorption band below 25,000 cm−1 in the latter. In the case of chloride eutectic a strongly absorbing shoulder has been found below 25,000 cm−1. These results appear to be inconclusive with regard to the iron-chloride configuration.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 202001 India
Publication date: May 1, 1974
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites