The Determination of HF, HCI, SiF4, and HCF3 in WF6 Gas
Abstract:An infrared absorption method in the 1- to 15-μ range has been developed for determining HF, HCl, HCF3, and SiF4 in WF6 gas. Because of the reactivity and corrosiveness of WF6, a special gas absorption cell and gas-sampling apparatus were designed and built. Calibration curves were generated for a 10-cm cell. Sensitivity values were 100 wppm for HF and HCl, and 10 wppm for HCF3 and SiF4.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: General Atomic Company, P. O. Box 81608, San Diego, California 92138
Publication date: March 1, 1974
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites