Spectrographic Analysis of Fire Assay Beads for the Platinum Group Metals and Gold
Abstract:By arcing a 10-mg fire assay bead at 7 A on a Cu cathode, bead ejection is avoided without buffering. Sensitivities for the precious metals are in the range 0.01 to 0.5 μg and precisions between 8 and 18%. The technique is suitable for rapid screening of fire assay beads for the precious metals.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Chemistry Division, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Private Bag, Petone, New Zealand
Publication date: January 1, 1974
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites