The Application of Laser-Excited Raman Spectroscopy to Organic Chemistry VI. A Characteristic Raman Group Frequency for the Thiomethyl Group
Abstract:In an earlier investigation of the infrared and Raman spectra of methyl sulfide and methyl disulfide, Sheppard assigned a series of bands in the 700 cm−1 region to various C-S stretching vibrations. These assignments have received further support by the work of Hayashi, Crowder, and the present authors.
Document Type: Short Communication
Publication date: July 1, 1973
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites