Infrared and Raman Spectra of Spiropentane-H8
Abstract:Infrared and Raman spectra have been measured for spiropentane-H8. Raman spectra for the liquid have enabled the b1 species ring twist to be assigned. Previous assignments of this mode were based on calorimetric data and on the assignment of a band in the infrared spectrum to a combination band involving the ring twist mode. Infrared spectra of low temperature crystalline films have provided sufficient information that, when taken with the Raman data and gas phase infrared spectra, we have assignments for all of the fundamental modes.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Publication date: September 1, 1972
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites