An Infrared Study of the Methyl Esters of Phenylglycolic Acids and Related Compounds
Abstract:The ir spectra of the methyl esters of both alkylarylglycolic and cycloalkylarylglycolic acids have been determined. The hydrogen bonding of these esters in carbon tetrachloride and in the condensed state was also studied. The hydroxyl and carbonyl stretching bands for related glycolic and acetic acids are discussed.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Analytical Chemistry Department, Chemical Research Laboratory, Research Laboratories, Edgewood Arsenal, Maryland 21010
Publication date: January 1, 1972
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites