Confirmation of SF3 + Vibrational Assignments by Raman Spectroscopic Polarization Measurements in HF Solution
Abstract:The vibrational assignments of the trifluorosulfur(IV) cation (SF3 +), previously determined from spectra of solids, are confirmed by polarization measurements on solutions of SF3 +BF4 −, SF3 +PF6 −, and SF3 + AsF6 − in anhydrous HF. Techniques and equipment have been developed to obtain Raman spectra of species dissolved in anhydrous hydrogen fluoride. Accurate polarization information can be obtained even though the FEP fluorocarbon plastic used as a container-and window material is optically active.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Publication date: January 1, 1972
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites