Raman Spectra of Polyacrylonitrile
Abstract:The polarized Raman spectra of polyacrylonitrile have been obtained and compared with ir spectra. On the basis of the selection rules, various proposed structural models are compared with the experimental results. The spectra suggest a syndiotactic rich composition with a planar structure. The blocks of syndiotactic placements are disrupted by short sequences of isotactic or atactic placements.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Division of Macromolecular Science, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Publication date: November 1, 1971
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites