Diffuse Reflectance Spectra of Some Compounds of Elements of IV A Group
Abstract:Diffuse reflectance spectra of lead halides, lead oxide, and stannic oxide have been studied in the region 1.2–6.20 eV. Four bands at 2.52, 3.10, 3.90, and 5.93 eV have been observed in pure samples of lead iodide while only three bands have been observed at 3.48, 4.08, and 5.17 eV and 4.30, 4.72 and, 5.90 eV, respectively, in samples of lead bromide and lead chloride. The assignment of these bands has been discussed in the light of band structure of lead halides. Two bands at 3.54 and 5.61 eV and one band at 5.64 eV have been observed in pure samples of lead oxide and stannic oxide, respectively. These bands have been assigned to band-to-band transitions.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: March 1, 1971
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites