A New Gasketing Technique for Studies with the High-Pressure Diamond Anvil Cell
Abstract:Although metal gaskets have been previously used with the high pressure diamond anvil cell for solids and liquids, the problems inherent with the use of such gaskets have been severe. The gasket is very difficult to use with liquids or solutions. It slips off the diamond very easily and some degree of expertise is necessary. Amelioration of this problem is now possible with a new type of gasket.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Chemistry Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, Illinois 60439
Publication date: January 1, 1971
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites