Interaction of Cold Plasmas with Solid Materials: Decomposition of Tetraamminecopper(II) Sulfate Hydrate and Tetraamminecopper(II) Nitrate
Abstract:The radio frequency electrodeless discharge decompositions of two complex compounds, tetraamminecopper(II) sulfate hydrate and tetraamminecopper(II) nitrate, were studied, and a comparison of the results of this research is made with previously reported results. Possible decomposition mechanisms are proposed on the bases of uv-visible emission, ir absorption and x-ray diffraction spectroscopic data, and free energies of reaction.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52240
Publication date: March 1, 1970
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites