X-Ray Fluorescence Analysis of Ferrophosphorus and Slag from the Electric-Reduction Furnace Manufacture of Elemental Phosphorus
Abstract:X-ray fluorescence analysis has been applied to the determination of Si, P, and Fe in the ferrophosphorus and slag which are by-products in the manufacture of elemental phosphorus by reduction of phosphate rock in the electric furnace. Accuracy comparable to chemical analysis is obtained in a considerably shorter time, a factor important in production control.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Technical Department, Mobil Chemical Company, Richmond, Virginia 23208
Publication date: March 1, 1970
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites