Electronic Absorption Spectra of Benzylchloride Vapor
Abstract:The near-ultraviolet absorption spećtra of benzylchloride vapor have been photographed on a medium quartz spectrograph. Two systems of bands have been observed, one at 37 115 cm−1 and the other at 41748 cm−1, which correspond to B 2 ← A 1 and A 1 ← A 1 electronic transitions. The observed spectra have been analysed in terms of fundamentals and overtones.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Spectroscopy, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-5, India
Publication date: November 1, 1969
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites