Digestion of Sugar Beet Leaves for Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy
Abstract:A modified digestion mixture utilizing sodium molybdate as a catalyst is described for plant materials. In atomic absorption spectroscopy, special attention is given to calcium analyses using this mixture, because of various interfering ions. The digestion mixture is suitable for numerous other cation determinations. Also, a method of increasing the sensitivity for copper by adding methanol is described.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Crops Research Division, Agricultural Research Service, U. S. Department of Agriculture, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
Publication date: July 1, 1969
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites