Spectral Characteristics of Polydeuterated Toluenes
Abstract:Analysis of the infrared spectra of some polydeuterated toluenes obtained by proton exchange with BF3–D3PO4 demonstrated the unreliability of this analytical tool in the 4000–900 cm−1 region. Useful correlations can be obtained in the 900–500 cm−1 region if suitable instrumentation is available. The previously unreported spectra of toluene-2,5-D, and toluene-3,5-D and toluene-2,4,6-D are described.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: May 1, 1969
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites