Rotating Sample Holder for X-Ray Emission Spectrometry
Abstract:A rotating sample holder is invaluable in x-ray emission analysis of nonhomogeneous samples because when such samples are rotated, different sample areas are observed continuously, thus permitting an averaging of irregularities. This feature of the sample holder is of significance in the nondestructive testing of materials in that it provides more reliable analytical data. The rotating sample holder described in this paper is designed and constructed for use on a General Electric XRD6 x-ray emission spectrometer. The reduced x-ray intensity variation obtained by continuous sample rotation results in significant improvement in over-all precision compared with intensity variation obtained by rotation only between readings.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: General Electric Company, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733
Publication date: January 1, 1969
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites