Infrared Analysis of 2-Pyrazolin-5-one Derivatives
Abstract:The ir spectra in the region 4000–250 cm−1 in the solid state have been recorded for seventy-six 1,3-di-substituted 2-pyrazolin-5-ones in which 4-positions are coupled with various diazotized anilines. Correlations between structure and frequency are made. From the results obtained, a useful application of these spectral correlations can be derived for recognizing a pyrazolinone dye in an unknown compound by means of its spectrum. The strong bands at about 1650, 1550, 1340, 1260, and 1150 cm−1, and sometimes the strong or medium bands near 1000 and 680 cm−1 constitute a good indication of the presence of a 4-arylhydrazono pyrazolinone ring.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Laboratory of Chemistry, Utsunomiya University, Utsunomiya, Japan
Publication date: January 1, 1969
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites