Determination of 240Pu in Plutonium by Optical Emission Spectroscopy
Abstract:The isotopic analysis for plutonium-240 in plutonium by optical emission spectroscopy has been studied. The choice of analytical and internal standard lines, wavelength measurement, the conditions for sample preparation, and excitation in a sustained ac are is discussed. Data is presented concerning the determination of plutonium-240 over a range of 3%-17% with a relative precision of the order of ±1% at the 95% confidence level, in addition to optical emission vs mass spectrographic data.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Nuclear Materials and Equipment Corporation, Apollo, Pennsylvania 15613
Publication date: November 1, 1968
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites