Simple Photoelectric Laser Raman Spectrophotometer
Abstract:A Raman spectrophotometer employing He–Ne and argon ion laser light sources has been constructed. A three-tier platform configuration is used with the upper level supporting the source units, most of the optical components, the vacuum manifold, and the argon reservoir. A Czerny–Turner monochromator, the photoelectric detector, and the sample area are enclosed in the second level and the electronic components and pumping system are confined to the third level. Pertinent details of the instrument including optical, mechanical, and electronic components are described and discussed. Important features of the ac detection system are also given in some detail.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Bell Telephone Laboratories, Incorporated, Murray Hill, New Jersey 07974
Publication date: September 1, 1968
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites