Infrared and Raman Studies of Arsenic Compounds
Abstract:It was found that water solutions of arsenic oxide contain the compounds As4O6 · XH2O and As(OH)3. The acid OAsOH is not present in these solutions. The presence of alkali halide in arsenic oxide solutions results in the formation of an ortho arsenite. Oxyarsenic halides and AsCl4− are not present in solutions of AsCl3. The stability of these ions is questioned.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemitsry, Canisius College, Buffalo, New York
Publication date: July 1, 1968
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites