Infrared Determination of Stearlymethacrylate-Cetylmethacrylate Copolymer in Waxes
Abstract:A differential infrared absorption method has been developed for the determination of stearylmethacrylate-cetylmethacrylate copolymer in waxes at concentrations as low as 0.003 wt% without prior concentration. The method is based upon. differential absorption measurements of the ester-carbonyl stretching vibration at 1735 cm−1. Specialized sampling techniques are discussed, and application to products from dewaxing and deoiling operations are illustrated.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Shell Oil Company, Houston Research Laboratory, Deer Park, Texas
Publication date: July 1, 1968
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites