Investigation of Cleaning Procedures for Agate Mortars and Plastic Tubes with the Aid of a Radioactive Tracer
Abstract:Cleaning of agate mortars and plastic vials in the Wig-L-Bug mixer mill was studied by radioactive-tracer technique using 32P as sodium orthophosphate as a tracer. It was found for agate mortars that cleaning with aluminia followed by acid is adequate for preventing contamination of the next sample. Plastic vials used in the Wig-L-Bug mixer are difficult to clean and can hardly be reused more than once.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: The Veterinary College of Norway, Spectrochemical Laboratory, Oslo, Norway
Publication date: July 1, 1966
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites