Determination of Manganese and Zinc in Aluminous Materials, Using Atomic-Absorption Spectrophotometry
Abstract:Mn and Zn are determinable in Al ores, intermediates, and finished metal by atomic-absorption spectrophotometry, using a particular burner, if suitable separation procedures are employed. Zn may be separated by chloroanion exchange. Mn is conveniently extracted into chloroform by complexing with 8–hydroxyquinaldine at pH 12. Results from analyses of known samples show that the method is suitable for the calibration of emission spectrographs.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corporation, Permanente, California 95014
Publication date: May 1, 1966
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites