New Spectra-Structure Correlations of Aliphatic Ketones
Abstract:The study of the spectra of thirty-six aliphatic ketones in the seven to ten micron region has led to the recognition of bands which permit the facile differentiation of ketones of the three following types. CH3COCH2R, CH3CH2COCH2R, and RCH2CH2COCH2CH2R. The differentiation is based upon the fact that the spectra of methyl ketones show bands at 7.38 and 8 60 microns, while those of ethyl ketones have a characteristic band at 9 03 microns The 9 03 micron band in the spectra of ethyl ketones is in addition to bands at 8.60 and 8 82 microns, which are present also in the spectra of ketones of the type RCH2CH2COCH2CH2R (R≠H).
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Fundamental Research Department, The Coca-Cola Company, Linden, New Jersey
Publication date: July 1, 1965
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites