A Rectangular KBr Pellet Die and Holder
Abstract:In order to use the entire light beam area of a Beckman model IR-4 infrared spectrophotometer, a die has been constructed to make rectangular KBr pellets directly in the pellet holder. A description of the die and its use follows; comparisons were made between solutions, mulls, and pellets ground with and without a solvent. The pellets from this die were also compared to pellets prepared with a commercial die.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Florida Citrus Experiment Station, Lake Alfred, Florida
Publication date: May 1, 1964
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites