Mass Spectra of Some Bis(alkylmercapto)alkanes
Abstract:Mass spectra of seventeen bis(alkylmercapto) alkanes of the general formula R.S.CnH2nS R are presented and discussed Major ions occur by· 1) simple C-C or C-S cleavage to give ions of the type R S CmH2m+1 +; 2) cleavage of a C-S bond accompanied by hydrogen rearrangement; and 3) further loss of an alkyl group. The consecutive nature of breakdown in cases of double cleavage and rearrangement is established by metastable transitions.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Unilever Research Laboratory Port Sunlight, Cheshire, England
Publication date: May 1, 1964
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites