The Infrared Absorption Spectra of the n-2 trans, 4 trans Dienaldehydes, C5 through C12
Abstract:The infrared absorption spectra of the normal 2,4-dienaldehydes, from pentadienal through dodecadienal, were measured in the liquid state over the spectral range from 400 to 4000 cm−1. The compounds were prepared by conventional methods and purified by gas-liquid chromatographic procedures immediately before spectrophotometry. Two strong bands near 1685 and 1643 cm−1, four strong bands in the 980-1180 cm−1 region, and a doublet in the aldehyde C-H stretching region are characteristic of the n-2 trans, 4 trans dienal structure.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Western Regional Research Laboratory, Albany, California
Publication date: November 1, 1963
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites