A Polaroid Attachment For A Medium Quartz Spectrograph
Abstract:Bryan (1) and Bryan and Runge (2) have applied the Polaroid emulsion to emission spectroscopy. Although no details of construction are given in these applications, it is apparent that no provision is made for the location of the film in the oblique angle, curved field of the medium quartz spectrograph. Therefore, a commercially available Polaroid Land camera back was modified so that it could be used interchangeably with conventional 4"x10" spectroscopic plates without any alteration of the optics of such a spectrograph.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Research Department, Organic Chemical Division, American Cyanamid Company, Bound Brook, New Jersey
Publication date: November 1, 1961
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites