A Technique for Obtaining the Ultraviolet Absorption Spectrum of Solid Keratin
Abstract:A technique is described for obtaining spectra of solid keratin in the form of thin sections of horse tail hair. The method of sectioning, mounting the specimen, and positioning it in the beam of the spectrophotometer is given. The application of a correction procedure for scattering, which has previously been described by other authors, and a corrected ultraviolet absorption spectrum of keratin are included in the report.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Wool Research Laboratories, Division of Textile Physics, Ryde, N.S.W., Australia
Publication date: July 1, 1961
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites