The Spectrochemical Analysis of Bismuth Using a Photoelectric Spectrometer
Abstract:The Liquid Metal Fuel Reactor Program requires rapid, accurate analyses of large numbers of bismuth metal samples. A spectrochemical solution procedure using a rotating disc technique with a Baird-Atomic Research Direct Reading Spectrograph is described. Yttrium is added as an internal standard. Magnesium and zirconium are determined with a precision of 2% of the amount present; the precision for iron, chromium, manganese, nickel and molybdenum is within 4-12%.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York
Publication date: October 1, 1960
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites