Spectrochemical Rubidium-Strontium Method for Geological Age Determination
Abstract:The age values of lepidolites from South Africa and from Varuträsk as well as that of a microcline from Varuträsk have been determined and are discussed in connection with determination according to the potassium-argon method, applied to the same materials.
A method is suggested which allows the spectrochemical determination of Rb and Sr with sufficient accuracy. The isotopic composition is determined by means of a Fabry-Perot etalon and hollow-cathode excitation, investigating the hyper-fine structure of the Sr line at 4078 A.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Institute for Inorganic Chemistry and Nuclear Chemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Publication date: June 1, 1960
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites