The Mass Spectra of Alkylindoles
Abstract:The mass spectra of 11 alkylindoles have been obtained Correlations between their structures and mass spectra are given and peaks characteristic of alkylindoles are discussed. The major fragmentation mode corresponds to cleavage of bonds β to the ring system, certain re-arrangement ions can be shown to be formed in a two-stage fragmentation process, the first stage involving β-bond cleavage and the second loss of the stable neutral fragment HCN. The stabilities of the fragment ions formed is suggested to add drive to some of the fragmentation processes observed and the possible structure of some of the ions are discussed.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Dyestuffs Division, Imperial Chemical Industries Limited, Manchester, England
Publication date: August 1, 1959
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites