The Longest Wavelength Band in the Electronic Spectra of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons for Analytical Use
Abstract:A table is presented listing 408 polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, with three or more aromatic rings, according to increasing values in millimicrons of the longest wavelength absorption band. Structural formulas, the values in millimicrons of additional absorption bands, solvents, and literature references party through 1958 are also given. A procedure is recommended for utilization of this table in the spectrophotometric analysis of samples, such as those obtained in fractionation by elution chromatography.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Low-Temperature Tar Laboratory, Branch of Bituminous Coal, Bureau of Mines, U.S. Department of the Interior, Morgantown, West Virginia
Publication date: February 1, 1959
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites