New Direct Reading Attachment for Three Meter Concave Grating Spectrograph
Abstract:A direct reading attachment for the Baird-Atomic Three Meter Concave Grating Spectrograph is described. The 20-inch plate-holder is replaced by a "DR Head", an assembly containing focal curve, exit slits, and photomultiplier tubes. Rapid setting of exit slits is facilitated by use of an electronic slit setting attachment. A separate cabinet contains high and low voltage power supplies, the measuring circuitry, and the clock type reading units. The concentrations of eight different elements may be read simultaneously. Stability of optical alignment is assured by the use of a servo monitor which automatically and continuously keeps the spectrum lines precisely aligned with the exit slits.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Engineering Department, Baird-Atomic, Inc., Cambridge 38, Mass.
Publication date: October 1, 1958
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites