A Digital Recorder for Mass Spectra
Abstract:As a mass spectrum is scanned, the maximum value of each peak is stored in a capacitor. Then the difference between the stored voltage and the lesser voltage seen after the scan has proceeded down the side of the peak operates a peak detector, which in turn initiates measurement of the stored peak height by a digital voltmeter. At the same time the mass is determined by measuring the ion accelerating voltage with a modified self balancing potentiometer equipped with a shaft position digitizer.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Spectroscopy Laboratory, The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, Mich.
Publication date: May 1, 1958
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites