Semi-Automatic Arc Gap with a Motorized Stand
Abstract:A system providing semiautomatic arc-gap control for emission spectrography is described. Motor-driven electrode-carrying arms of an arc-spark stand are positioned according to signals derived from phototransistors located in the image plane of the arc gap produced by a cylindrical lens. The circuitry is applicable to other stands.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Technical Division, Goodyear Atomic Corporation, Portsmouth, Ohio
Publication date: November 1, 1956
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites