Quantitative Analysis with the Spectranal Ash Analysis of Compounded Rubber
Abstract:The quantitative possibilities of visual spectroscopic analysis with the Spectranal have been investigated. A multiple-line standard technique, with the Platinum electrode spectrum as the standard, was devised for simultaneous determination of relative concentration of several elements normally found in the ash of compounded rubber. An accuracy of better than plus or minus 20% of the amount present was achieved. The procedure will be practical wherever convenience, speed and sensitivity of analysis are of greater importance than absolute accuracy.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: The Firestone Tire and Rubber Co., Akron, Ohio
Publication date: August 1, 1952
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites