Direct Synthesis of Spectrochemical Standards by Powder Metallurgy (Preliminary Report)
Abstract:To by-pass the preliminary wet chemical analysis of standards, a procedure for mixing finely divided pure metal powders, briquetting under high pressure and either sintering or melting in a protecting atmosphere by high frequency electronic induction heating is discussed.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: General Electric Co., Thomson Laboratory, River Works, West Lynn, Mass.
Publication date: May 1, 1952
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites