Skip to main content

How Many Technician Schools, and Students? How Much Employment?

Buy Article:

$29.50 plus tax (Refund Policy)

Abstract:

A Survey located 69 two-year forest technician schools in 26 states. More than 3,600 students were enrolled in the fall of 1977, and 1,200 graduated ht 1978. Of 1977 graduates, 64.1 percent had found jobs in forest technology by early 1978, and 18.7 percent had other employment. This total of 82.8 percent compares with 63.2 percent for 1977 graduates with bachelor's degrees. Industry was the main employer of 1977 technician graduates.

Document Type: Journal Article

Affiliations: Director, School of Forest Technology, Wanakena Campus, State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry

Publication date: 1979-02-01

More about this publication?
  • The Journal of Forestry is the most widely circulated scholarly forestry journal in the world. In print since 1902, the Journal has received several national awards for excellence. The mission of the Journal of Forestry is to advance the profession of forestry by keeping forest management professionals informed about significant developments and ideas in the many facets of forestry: economics, education and communication, entomology and pathology, fire, forest ecology, geospatial technologies, history, international forestry, measurements, policy, recreation, silviculture, social sciences, soils and hydrology, urban and community forestry, utilization and engineering, and wildlife management. The Journal is published bimonthly: January, March, May, July, September, and November.

    2015 Impact Factor: 1.476
    Ranking: 22 of 66 in forestry

    Average time from submission to first decision: 39.6 days*
    June 1, 2016 to Feb. 28, 2017

    Also published by SAF:
    Forest Science
    Other SAF Publications
  • Submit a Paper
  • Membership Information
  • Author Guidelines
  • Podcasts
  • SAF Convention Abstracts
  • Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites
  • Access Key
  • Free content
  • Partial Free content
  • New content
  • Open access content
  • Partial Open access content
  • Subscribed content
  • Partial Subscribed content
  • Free trial content
Cookie Policy
X
Cookie Policy
Ingenta Connect website makes use of cookies so as to keep track of data that you have filled in. I am Happy with this Find out more