The History of the New York Forest Preserve
The New York Forest Preserve was created in 1885. In that same year, George N. Ostrander was employed in Albany by a concern engaged in buying and selling forest lands. Later he became associated with Finch, Pruyn and Company, one of the most progressive paper companies in New York state, if not in the entire country. Mr. Ostrander has had an opportunity to observe at close range the creation and fifty-five years' development of the preserve. Readers of the JOURNAL will find his address interesting as well as informative.
No Supplementary Data
No Article Media
Document Type: Journal Article
Affiliations: Finch, Pruyn & Company, Inc.
Publication date: 01 April 1942