Authors: Morrison (Lead Author/Mentor), Brody; Maillet (Mentor), Andrew; Brown (Mentor), Mac; Holloway, Leslie; Moss, Jade; Holloway, Lindsay; Howse, Danielle; White, Michelle; Oldford, Suyen; Young, Jonathan; Chaffey, Mark; Collins, Shawn; Coles, Michael; Penney, Benji; Diamond, Gavin
Source: Marine Technology Society Journal, Volume 43, Number 3, Summer 2009 , pp. 98-109(12)
Publisher: Marine Technology Society
The team spent numerous hours planning, building, and field testing our ROV. We had to be prepared to combat technical problems and overcome the challenge of differing opinions. Because of the diversity of the tasks, Suijin had to be very well designed. This required the creation of a rigid frame, useful end effectors, and a versatile propulsion system; a form of buoyancy, effective sensors, and proper wiring were also necessary. There were many ideas to consider and obstacles to overcome, but finally, we completed our masterpiece.
Heritage Robotics is very pleased to present the following technical report, which communicates the details of Suijin, an ROV created by students from Heritage Collegiate, Lethbridge, Newfoundland, Canada. This document includes detailed descriptions and diagrams of Suijin’s components, possible future improvements, trouble shooting techniques, the lessons we learned, the challenges we faced, information on the Submersible LR5, reflections, a thorough budget, and acknowledgments of all those who helped along the way.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: Summer 2009
- The Marine Technology Society Journal is the flagship publication of the Marine Technology Society. It publishes the highest caliber, peer-reviewed papers on subjects of interest to the society: marine technology, ocean science, marine policy and education. The Journal is dedicated to publishing timely special issues on emerging ocean community concerns while also showcasing general interest and student-authored works.
- Editorial Board
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites
- In this: publication
- By this: publisher
- In this Subject: Engineering/Technology
- By this author: Morrison (Lead Author/Mentor), Brody ; Maillet (Mentor), Andrew ; Brown (Mentor), Mac ; Holloway, Leslie ; Moss, Jade ; Holloway, Lindsay ; Howse, Danielle ; White, Michelle ; Oldford, Suyen ; Young, Jonathan ; Chaffey, Mark ; Collins, Shawn ; Coles, Michael ; Penney, Benji ; Diamond, Gavin