The Universal Language of Art
Author: Northup, Paul
Source: mailout.co, Volume 2012, Number 4, August/September 2012 , pp. 30-33(4)
Publisher: The Mailout Trust
Abstract:Greenbelt Festival is a festival quite like no other. For one bank holiday weekend arts, faith and justice collide in a family friendly celebration promoting the underlying values of tolerance, dialogue and hope.
Engaged with culture, inspired by the arts and sustained by faith Greenbelt has been reimagining the Christian narrative, with growing international appeal which campaigns global justice, political powers and a divine sense of wonder. Valued by an annual attendance of 20,000 as the 'yearly contact with what really matters in life' the Greenbelt Festival, staged at Cheltenham Racecourse, is still going strong and moving into its fortieth consecutive year in 2013.
mailout speaks to Paul Northup, Greenbelt's Festival Director about an all-encompassing, inclusive event that was formed by an unlikely alliance of mavericks and misfits of 1970's church society.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: August 1, 2012
- mailout.co champions and informs world leading professionals in participatory arts. Our mission is to champion outstanding participatory arts in more places with more people and support a world leading community of professional practitioners.
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Daily jobs update via www.mailout.co
- Daily funding update via www.mailout.co
- Daily events update via www.mailout.co
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites