Youth Arts building bridges and breaking barriers in travel and migration
Abstract:Ashley Murphy, who graduates from The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) this July with a first-class honours degree in community drama, is using the two art forms to build bridges between young people from the town and the local Polish immigrant community.
His scheme started as a final-year community-based course assignment and explores issues of travelling and migration. Keen to continue his work, he has decided to keep the project going
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: August 1, 2012
More about this publication?
- mailout.co champions and informs world leading professionals in participatory arts. Our mission is to champion outstanding participatory arts in more places with more people and support a world leading community of professional practitioners.
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Daily jobs update via www.mailout.co
- Daily funding update via www.mailout.co
- Daily events update via www.mailout.co
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites