Does culture and creativity have a role in empowering young people?
Source: mailout.co, Volume 2012, Number 4, August/September 2012 , pp. 6-7(2)
Publisher: The Mailout Trust
Abstract:In June leading youth organisations and leaders from across the North West received a rather special invitation, an invite too incredible to refuse – the chance to meet His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
On a rather grey drizzly morning in June over one hundred youth practitioners congregated to the top floor of The Lowry Hotel, Salford, for the arrival of the spiritual leader of Tibet. His appearance was part of his Stand Up and Be the Change youth event, a landmark occasion urging the next generation to foster a culture of peace and dialogue and promote altruistic acts of compassion.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: August 1, 2012
- mailout.co champions and informs world leading professionals in participatory arts. Our mission is to champion outstanding participatory arts in more places with more people and support a world leading community of professional practitioners.
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Daily jobs update via www.mailout.co
- Daily funding update via www.mailout.co
- Daily events update via www.mailout.co
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites