Neue Leitungsstrukturen an den Hochschulen – Eine Zwischenbilanz
Abstract:Profound changes have occurred in the relationship between science and politics. Excellence initiative, autonomy of the universities and the deregulation of state supervision have had an effect on the organizational and institutional structures within the whole German academic system.
The result is a change in managerial and decision making structures on German universities. At the same time, there is a form of scientification taking place in society as a whole that represents an enormous challenge to the universities. One of the answers to the socialization of science lies in the amendment of internal structure of the universities. On the level in which science radiates into society, there must be protagonists in the fields of business, politics, culture and the media who cause a reverberation on the universities. This process of promulgation is supported by the political realization that the universities must be given more freedom. The external management which has hitherto been in existence is changing more and more into internal control by the organizations. Not everything functions smoothly within these new managerial structures. On the one hand there is an acceleration of the decision making process as well as greater flexibility in financial, personnel, and organizational decisions. On the other hand the incomplete repression of ministerial control shifts to concepts of cost accounting and target agreements based thereon, resulting in detailed management which causes the deregulation strived for to be superimposed by a new form of bureaucracy.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: September 1, 2011
More about this publication?
- Founded in 1968. Wissenschaftsrecht (WissR) endeavors to help university administrators, lawyers, judges, legislators, scholars and the interested public in understanding the legal and administrative problems of modern research and teaching at the university level. WissR offers analyses and evaluations of existing legal norms and proposed reform bills as well as of court decisions. WissR presents relevant materials not published elsewhere and reports regularly on all decisions pertaining to the subject.
Seit 1968. Das Wissenschaftsrecht (WissR) möchte Praktikern der Universitätsverwaltung, Rechtsanwälten, Richtern, Parlamentariern und Wissenschaftlern helfen, die rechtlichen und organisatorischen Probleme moderner Forschung und Lehre imUniversitätsbereich besser zu verstehen. Das WissR bietet Analysen und Bewertungen von bestehenden Rechtsnormen, von Reformvorschlägen und von ausgewählten Gerichtsurteilen. Das WissR enthält wichtige Materialien, die sonst kaum zugänglich sind, und berichtet über die Rechtsprechung zu allen behandelten Themen. Das WissR erscheint vierteljährlich.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Information for Advertisers
- Terms & Conditions
- Recht - Wisssenschaft - Theorie
- Jus Publicum
- Geistiges Eigentum und Wettbewerbsrecht
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites