Capnographic Waveforms in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient
Source: Respiratory Care, Volume 50, Number 1, January 2005 , pp. 100-109(10)
Publisher: The Journal Respiratory Care Company
Abstract:A focus on patient safety has heightened the awareness of patient monitoring. The importance of clinical applications of capnography continues to grow, as reflected by the increasing number of medical societies recommending its use. Recognition of changes in the capnogram assists in clinical decision making and treatment and can increase patient safety by alerting the clinician to important situations and changes. This article describes the interpretation of capnograms and how capnogram interpretation influences airway management.
Document Type: Research article
Publication date: 2005-01-01
- As of January 1, 2013, Respiratory Care content will no longer be hosted on ingentaconnect. Please contact the publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to continue access to this title.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Past OPEN FORUM Abstracts
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites