Skip to main content

Explaining the Present Parameters for Safety and Climate Considerations as Necessary Prerequisites for Digital Printing

Buy Article:

$12.00 plus tax (Refund Policy)

The most important factor is an integral approach for the digtal environment. Therefore the location of production should be certified by ISO 14001, should be energy efficient and should guarantee a sustainable use for necessary resources. All products should be FSC, TCF, PEFC certified and should carry an ECO label and should fulfill the requirements to be CO2 neutral and the carbon footprint should have been calculated for the customers. How do fulfill these points will be described in the paper. Therefore a holistic approach is necessary. The design of the digital printing plant and the digital printing equipment used are very important and also the used materials especially paper and toner must fulfill all requirements. Only paper with suitable paper profiles can be used. To get digital printing also in a better environmental position in the next five years the specific energy should be reduced by 15%, cO2 emissions by 15%, total COD and AOX emissions by 30%. Especially for packaging also the TRS emissions should be reduced by 50% and total waste to landfill should be reduced up to 20% and hazardous waste should be eliminated totally. Also for digital printing “ The Global Compact Program” of United nations is an important framework for business aligning their operations and strategies with 10 universally accepted Principles covering human rights, labor and anti corruption is one point. Also WBCSD a CEO-led global association of around 200 companies committed to sustainable development is a vital necessity for digital printing in future. The overall framework to reach these goals will be explained and will be transferred for the digital printing industry.
No Reference information available - sign in for access.
No Citation information available - sign in for access.
No Supplementary Data.
No Article Media
No Metrics

Document Type: Research Article

Publication date: 2012-01-01

More about this publication?
  • For more than 30 years, IS&T's series of digital printing conferences have been the leading forum for discussion of advances and new directions in 2D and 3D printing technologies. A comprehensive, industry-wide conference that brings together industry and academia, this meeting includes all aspects of the hardware, materials, software, images, and applications associated with digital printing systems?particularly those involved with additive manufacturing and fabrication?including bio-printing, printed electronics, page-wide, drop-on-demand, desktop and continuous ink jet, toner-based systems, and production digital printing, as well as the engineering capability, optimization, and science involved in these fields. In 2016, the conference changed its name formally to Printing for Fabrication to better reflect the content of the meeting and the evolving technology of printing.

    Please note: For purposes of its Digital Library content, IS&T defines Open Access as papers that will be downloadable in their entirety for free in perpetuity. Copyright restrictions on papers vary; see individual paper for details.

  • Information for Authors
  • Submit a Paper
  • Subscribe to this Title
  • Membership Information
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites
  • Access Key
  • Free content
  • Partial Free content
  • New content
  • Open access content
  • Partial Open access content
  • Subscribed content
  • Partial Subscribed content
  • Free trial content
Cookie Policy
Cookie Policy
Ingenta Connect website makes use of cookies so as to keep track of data that you have filled in. I am Happy with this Find out more