The Kodak Digimaster Digital Production System with MICR Option: Securing the Path to Achieve Tough Customer Requirements
This customer centric approach resulted in:
• Security and forensic printing applications, including variable microprinting
• Flexibility to produce both MICR and non-MICR jobs on one print system
• Image quality that meets/exceeds PIRA specifications
• Exceptionally low reader/sorter reject rates exceeding all requirements worldwide
• High toner adhesion to resist fraud and enable new applications
The customer centric product development process provided a “reality check” for product performance specifications, and verified the feature mix and performance level required by the customers.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: 2004-01-01
For more than 30 years, IS&T's series of digital printing conferences have been the leading forum for discussion of advances and new directions in 2D and 3D printing technologies. A comprehensive, industry-wide conference that brings together industry and academia, this meeting includes all aspects of the hardware, materials, software, images, and applications associated with digital printing systems?particularly those involved with additive manufacturing and fabrication?including bio-printing, printed electronics, page-wide, drop-on-demand, desktop and continuous ink jet, toner-based systems, and production digital printing, as well as the engineering capability, optimization, and science involved in these fields. In 2016, the conference changed its name formally to Printing for Fabrication to better reflect the content of the meeting and the evolving technology of printing.
Please note: For purposes of its Digital Library content, IS&T defines Open Access as papers that will be downloadable in their entirety for free in perpetuity. Copyright restrictions on papers vary; see individual paper for details.
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Terms & Conditions
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites