High-Gloss and Wide Color Gamut Pigmented Inks for Ink-Jet Printing
(1) The pigment, with an improved capsulation resin, easily wets and spreads on the surface of micro porous media.
(2) All ink colors have a low concentration of pigment, not more than 3 wt%.
(3) Special colors—red and blue—were used to enable the reproduction of print images with a small amount of pigment.
(4) An optimized deposition method was used to deposit a clear ink containing a transparent resin on low print duty areas (including areas where no ink is deposited) so as to obtain uniform resin coverage across the entire print image.
This ink set achieves high gloss and a wide color gamut on EPSON Premium Glossy Photo paper by
(1) Depositing the thinnest possible layer of pigment; and by
(2) Making as uniform as possible the amount of resin coating on the printed image.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: 2003-01-01
For more than 30 years, IS&T's series of digital printing conferences have been the leading forum for discussion of advances and new directions in 2D and 3D printing technologies. A comprehensive, industry-wide conference that brings together industry and academia, this meeting includes all aspects of the hardware, materials, software, images, and applications associated with digital printing systems?particularly those involved with additive manufacturing and fabrication?including bio-printing, printed electronics, page-wide, drop-on-demand, desktop and continuous ink jet, toner-based systems, and production digital printing, as well as the engineering capability, optimization, and science involved in these fields. In 2016, the conference changed its name formally to Printing for Fabrication to better reflect the content of the meeting and the evolving technology of printing.
Please note: For purposes of its Digital Library content, IS&T defines Open Access as papers that will be downloadable in their entirety for free in perpetuity. Copyright restrictions on papers vary; see individual paper for details.
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Terms & Conditions
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites