High-Gloss and Wide Color Gamut Pigmented Inks for Ink-Jet Printing
Abstract:To obtain ink-jet prints that exhibit both high gloss and a wide color gamut using pigmented inks, a new type of pigmented ink set was developed. The four technical features described below distinguish the new ink set.
(1) The pigment, with an improved capsulation resin, easily wets and spreads on the surface of micro porous media.
(2) All ink colors have a low concentration of pigment, not more than 3 wt%.
(3) Special colors—red and blue—were used to enable the reproduction of print images with a small amount of pigment.
(4) An optimized deposition method was used to deposit a clear ink containing a transparent resin on low print duty areas (including areas where no ink is deposited) so as to obtain uniform resin coverage across the entire print image.
This ink set achieves high gloss and a wide color gamut on EPSON Premium Glossy Photo paper by
(1) Depositing the thinnest possible layer of pigment; and by
(2) Making as uniform as possible the amount of resin coating on the printed image.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: January 1, 2003
For more than 25 years, NIP has been the leading forum for discussion of advances and new directions in non-impact and digital printing technologies. A comprehensive, industry-wide conference, this meeting includes all aspects of the hardware, materials, software, images, and applications associated with digital printing systems, including drop-on-demand ink jet, wide format ink jet, desktop and continuous ink jet, toner-based electrophotographic printers, production digital printing systems, and thermal printing systems, as well as the engineering capability, optimization, and science involved in these fields.
Since 2005, NIP has been held in conjunction with the Digital Fabrication Conference.
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Terms & Conditions
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites